Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Edible Wednesday: Cheater Cheesecake Bites

Get the milk out folks....get the napkins, and set the stop watch. You....yes you....can eat cheater cheesecake in less than 30 seconds! OK - so there might be a minute or two of prep time...but doesn't that beat the hour or two to make real cheesecake? This might be the one time anyone ever tells you it's ok to be a cheater! I'm a cheater cheesecake eater - and proud of it!
You need 3 ingredients! Only 3! No pan, no oven, no bowl or mixing spoon. I'm telling you - this is downright sinful and downright simple! Get a butter knife and a can opener for the pie filling.

Ok - so get some vaNilla Wafers, Cream Cheese & Cherry Pie Filling. (I guess you can do Strawberry Pie filling if you really wanted to - but I LOVE Cherries!)

Follow the steps in this image...
My husband was over my shoulder like a hawk while I was taking the photos, and when he finally popped one in his mouth he actually grinned. I thought I had made these before for him, but he smiled and said "Nope!" - not in all the 15 years we've been together? "Nope!". I guess that means everytime I made them - I ate them all too! But he sure was happy I made them for him now!
See how nice and bite size they are? Ok - maybe not so prim and proper to do that - but no one is watching! Go ahead! These would be *awesome* for party food, appetizers (I laugh as I type that!), etc. If you love 'em - tell me! If you don't love 'em - don't tell me! I might cry! -kg

4 comments :

Anonymous said... [Reply]

You're cute! :) These look yummy and I bet the kids would LOVE them! Happy Easter K...xx

Leigh Anne said... [Reply]

looks so yummy and very easy. I'm thinking JAM could also be an easy substitute for the pie filling. Thanks for sharing!

Alison said... [Reply]

Oh, my goodness! I love this idea! Yummo!

Anonymous said... [Reply]

I love how you explained it in steps. ha ha. It was soo hard. I just had to try it, looked yummy. Got to say, twas addicting. Thanks for the idea.

www.takingterribleoutoftoddler.blogspot.com

Post a Comment